Monday, May 2, 2011

"We're the DANCERS"

Doug and I went to Spring Formal this year! 
After weeks and weeks of thinking I wouldn't get a date ;) Doug finally asked me on Friday [the dance was on Saturday...] in a very cool way, hint: it featured the song "Final Countdown" and Doug changing into "dance attire" behind a wall of smoke like it was magic!! It was very cool. 

[ps: we're not serious.... this is neither how we pose nor smile]

The day of lead-up was very relaxing - Doug had a rugby game, I took a nap....
I also miraculously found something to do with my silly short hair so that it would look good with my crazy long dress. Also, we meant for Doug to wear green - to show my Irish pride and not match perfectly like we do on accident every other day.


[huh - my hair's not as big as that back shadow makes it look....]

[out on the field!]

So! THE DANCE:

It was at bloody Busch Stadium!! 
Like you all saw me geek out art history style last post - this was me geeking out baseball style. It was amazing. The venue was in a large banquet room midlevel. We were able to go out into the stands, sit on the seats, check out the views [the architects of the new field were very nice to give us such a large opening in the outfield to see the city] and eat lots of great food [red velvet cake! tortellini, lemon tarts, a carving station with roast beef!!]

The other sweet perk was that we got to go on free tours of the stadium.... which led to an unintentionally embarrassing moment due to the amount of pictures I was taking out of pure excitement
I'll accompany this story with pictures:

So the tour guide brought us here and told us that these were the changes made to the cardinal logo over the years
Everyone was standing ten feet back
But not me!! 
I thought "woah cool" and subtly tried to take better pictures.....

Of every. single. tile. 
The worst of it is that I was crouching.... as if that made me invisible to the crowd of 40 people behind me. Oi :). 

We had fun

This is me high-fiving Doug after I hit a GrandSlam Home Run...

This is me being Tony LaRussa....

This is what it would look like if Doug and I played in the Pro's... and in formal wear...

This is us fighting - Doug's the Ump, I'm the irate coach kicking dirt at him :)

This is us cheering from the front row [those seats were SOOO nice]

Haha ......[No description necessary]

Oh he's good :)

I mean come on - the RED SOX have been here!!  I was like a kid on her "Make-a-Wish"

Presidents of the United States have stayed in this room!

That's Harry Caray!!

Look at this....
This isn't just grass - this is Professional Major League baseball grass
and when they told us not to touch it - I DIDN'T TOUCH IT!! It was so hard, I mean I wasn't even that compliant in the Egyptian section of the MFA in Boston [the absence of a "Do Not Touch" sign means "Touch Me!" in teenager-Lucia-language] I'm maturing!

MODEL PHOTO SESH!!!



Let's Play:
"How Many Times Doug Photo Bombed Lucia During the Tour"
One
TWO
 THREE [this counts]
 God Doug! FOUR!!
 FIVE - he had to run fast to get in on this one
 SIX
And Seven
He's really lucky I love him so gosh darn much :)

If you couldn't tell - we had a fantastic time - everyone looked so debonair and beautiful that night
College memories are the best

Until Homecoming!!

1 comment:

  1. bahahah "we're the DANCERS" xD love it!! you two are so funny :P i love this blog!

    ReplyDelete