Monday, May 23, 2011

Slackin'!

Alas my weekly change of Dewi's background has become week-and-a-halfly change this time around, sorry guys. 
Here's my choice, and I have reasons.


 1) I've been listening to a lot of "Les Miserables" [NOT coldplay] lately...and the moment I look at this painting I hear "Do You Hear the People Sing?" *loudly* in my head [we saw it in New York live when I was little, loudly is the only way I know it]
2) How [for lack of a better word] bad ass does this woman look?! I know she's meant to be an allegory for liberty, and allegorical figures are most always women, but still - she is a female hero who is motivating and strong - and I like that
3) It's hard to look at - yes Liberty is beautiful but we're looking at some pretty gruesome stuff here - such is war, and I like that Delacroix didn't shy away from that
4) [gasp] Tish! It's French!!! *kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss* ;)

Giving credit where credit is due: Eugène Delacroix, Liberty Leading the People, 1830

It's in The Louvre - I hope to meet it someday :)

Also - some of you may be thinking: "But Lucia, this is far too much breast for you to be looking at for the oncoming week!" I say absolutely not, because 
THIS 


was my first choice [It's a crazy myth, but this quiet painting makes it look like a beautiful love story (I'm a sucker for *embracing* images) plus the curve of her back is insane and beautiful]
and THIS my friends would have been a lot of *Butt*, just plain butt, and I could not get around it. It would be like I was getting mooned every time I opened my computer - whereas breasts in art are hardly shocking anymore....

Pardon all the bathroom words,
Such is Art ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment