Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pre-Supper/Talk Thoughts

Tonight I'm going to a supper and talk by the Author, Susan Vreeland. Ahead of time I was given two of her books [fo' free!] - Luncheon of the Boating Party and Clara and Mr. Tiffany


Due to my work load that entails only reading lots and writing lots more - I was only able to read the first one :) but it was good - oh boy was it good! Obviously right up my ally. I just cannot wait to dive into the next this summer. That's one reading book I won't have to buy, yipee!

I cannot wait to meet Susan Vreeland tonight and ask her all the questions that popped into my head whilst reading this. I'm so grateful to have that chance!

In spirit of my nightly activities...


Favorite Renoir quote: 
"To my mind a picture should be something pleasant, cheerful and pretty. Yes, pretty! There are too many unpleasant things in life as it is without creating still more of them."

[Renoir, Boating on the Seine, 1879-1880]

Thank God for Renoir :)

1 comment:

  1. A lot of people don't like him b/c they think that his view of women is too objectified, but I love his work. We will get to see some great ones at the Art Institute on Saturday! What a great follow-up to reading Vreeland's book. (I got it three years ago when she was here last time.)

    ReplyDelete