Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saturday Night - aka: Halloween Time begins

.... ok to be honest halloween time started about the same time I drove myself all the way to Target last weekend just to get a bag of candy corn..... for myself..... and nothing else
it also kinda started when Doug and I watched "28 Days Later..." [zombie movie - brilliant zombie movie] earlier this week

but it FOR REAL started this weekend because Doug and I carved pumpkins :)

Not to toot my own horn... but I take pumpkin carving pretty seriously, Exhibit A:
which led to...
Yes I absolutely made my pumpkin look like Darth Vader!!
thats what weirdo nerds do...
This was 2008, the last time I got to carve a pumpkin, and with my baby sister Caitlin! [HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BUBBY GIRL!!!! I love you so darn much!]

To my shock, disbelief, stupefaction and great surprise - Doug had NEVER carved pumpkins before..... the lunacy!!
We remedied that this Saturday - while we watched "Shaun of the Dead" :)

Here's our handiwork:
[someone's got Xmas on the brain....]
I think he had fun :)
This was quite a night of grilling, mild thievery [the pumpkin patch wasn't necessarily open when we got there, but we left a note with the total in cash for the pumpkins we took.... we hope they find it under that pumpkin....], pumpkin smell all throughout the house, joking, candy corn and cupcakes!

 

It was a great night, followed by a great Sunday of apple picking! [pickies to follow]

I LOVE AUTUMN TIME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment