Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Had a Break, So We Had a Date!

I had a much needed Fall Break last weekend so Doug and I celebrated by going on a "City Date"

a City Date is something I get really excited about
because it means it's a date we get to dress nice for - eat at a restaurant we've never been to 
[those crazy city folks are always running out of business and starting up new ones!]
and walk around an area that is NOT the suburbs, Target, Schnucks
[stl grocer], or the path from Doug's living room to his kitchen
[I force us to take that walk a LOT]

Doug looked great, I looked colorful [purple, orange, gold and 
THESE heels]

 but OF COURSE we never got around to taking pictures - cause we suck like that :P

It's ok though - I'll still brag about where we went and steal photos from Google...

We ate at:


It was so cute! Very 50's, I Love Lucy playing on the tv's, and on a corner! Perfect for diner :)

Doug had a delicious burger and I had an enormous chili cheese dog... also I don't believe in eating at diners without ordering a chocolate milkshake - not my best idea seeing as how we planned on getting gelato after - but we did do that annoying thing where you drink from the same shake with two straws - after which I asked him if he would've given me his pin if we were dating in the 50's
Once I explained to him what the heck that meant: He said yes :)

Then we went:

And since we were stuffed to the point of near-death we shared a small lime gelato
It was such a beautiful night we were able to sit outside!
Once the smell from the Hooka bar across the street wafted over - we decided it was time to go

'Twas a wicked fun night - I like dating Doug :)


No comments:

Post a Comment