Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Hate Flowers

They're pointless
They die
They're not that pretty
They're expensive
.....and I'm getting married, meaning I'm forced to buy flowers
Blaargh!!!

I had my first meeting with a florist this Tuesday and I felt like I didn't make sense to her:
"I don't know the names of most flowers"
"I don't really like flowers"
"I loathe roses"
"That flower's very 'petal heavy', I'm not into that'"
"These look too.... flowery"
"Too big"
"Don't get anything out of season - I don't care enough about that"
"If it's expensive, I don't want it"
"Don't make it look so perfect - I don't do perfect"

I know that makes me sound incredibly picky and kind of a pain - like the opposite end of the spectrum from picky brides who know a ton about flowers probably - awesome :(

Here's a non-annoying flower that I guess I enjoy:

Baby's Breath is small, not offensive, white but mostly green and looks like 
it could grow in the woods [which is why roses suck, cause they can't!]

Ending the meeting with a "This will end up being about $1,000" left me thinking
[after throwing up from shock]:
"I can do this myself - and for cheapies"
I'm not going to do anything out of character for this wedding - it's mine and Doug's
It should look like us..... flowers don't look like me at all, and probably not Doug either
I don't want to spend a majority of our budget on something I don't like - 
cause it should all be going towards the food :)

So get ready to be a guest at my wedding with NOT that many flowers
also feel free to leave with a handful cause God knows I'll ask the clean up crew to 
kindly throw them in the trash afterwards.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lucia,

    Yes! Flowers = NOT NECESSARY. Alex and I hardly had any at our wedding last October. There were white pumpkins, some of which were stuffed with white flowers. There were two ficus trees by the altar. That was about it for plant decor.

    So, yeah, amen to what you said! Don't waste your money on anything you don't want.

    Courtney McCall

    ReplyDelete