Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mini Party for Engage-cia

[NOTE: The color of this post is dedicated to my new favorite cardigan... Enjoy]

This Saturday Married-ica and Married-shley
took Engage-cia [that's me!] out for crepes :)

City Coffeehouse and Creperie = good food and fun
sorry there's a bank robber behind me...

Which led to a little present sesh - surprise presents are so fun!

always gottu put the ring the shot

Ashley gave me a wonderful book to put goals, dreams, and 
memories of Doug and I's life in


Monica got me hand creme so that my ring-wearing hand always looks good :)
and thank you notes! 

Then it started SNOWING - this late in March, in the spring, 
and during spring break... There are no words

To brighten my mood, my big sister Monica took me to David's Bridal
on a whim - just to open the floodgates, pave the way, release the Kraken
what have you - we did it for dress shopping!


This is me in the shop - with an item from the funny "goody bag" they give us
it has a dress mag, a bride's maids mag, a suit mag, and coupons!!
Monica and I dog-eared our faves and
I proceeded to try on dresses with my wonderful consultant Lindsay
who asked me to rank every dress on a scale of 1 to 10

Dress #1 was a 6 - 7
Dress #2 was a 7 1/2 - 8
Dress #3 was an 8 - 9
and 
Dress #4 was the 10

Here's a sneak peak...
ahhhh, tricked'ya :)
but you are kind of witnessing a moment here...

It took less then half an hour...
Leave it up to me to find exactly what I'm looking for when I didn't 
even know I wanted it in the first place
[I had had one dress in mind from another store i had seen online, 
but it was more expensive and very plain... this new dress kicked that one's butt - hard!]
I felt like a bride for the first time, I LOOKED like a bride even! Crazy
Saturday was the most eventful moving day ever!
Doug and I are now at college - pretty much moved into our new rooms
ready for school to start - Doug is really almost done!!

Sorry I can't show you guys any dress pictures
but its a surprise! 
Just come to our wedding :)


1 comment: