Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oh.... I was SO THERE!!!

BRUINS WON THE STANLEY CUUUUUUUUUUP!!!!!!!!
AND I WATCHED!!!!!

I'll stop yelling, yeah, wow. Last night I got home wicked late from my job, had some issues with the IRS [what else is new] and panicked about not being able to get into a place to watch the Bruins game at 8pm. 7:30 came around and I could find no friends here at the internship to come see the game with me..... no one, blasphemy, right?? 
So I decided to trek it out there, alone, with the intent of making friends.......

Here are about 50 of my new friends:

We watched the game at.... some Irish Pub and Sports Grill near the Boston Garden


3rd Period, 49.4 seconds to go, Bruins are up 4-0, and there is beer splattered all over that screen.
[I got waters for the night..... yeah I was the idiot going up to the bar asking 
"Excuse me, how much is a waterrrr???? FREE?!?!? One please :)"]

I've never heard so many chants in my life, here's a few:

"USA! USA! USA!!"
"TIMMY THOMAS! [clap, clap, clap, clap, clap] TIMMY THOMAS [etc]"
"*&%* VANCOUVER [clap, clap, clap, clap, clap]....."
"WE WANT THE CUP! WE WANT THE CUP!!!"
LET'S GO BRUINS! [clap, clap, clap, clap, clap] LET'S GO BRUINS! ...."
and many, many, many more - whatever we could think of - we chanted

Here's us really winning:





It was the funnest, most Bostonest, craziest, night of sports in my life [I was stuck in STL during the 2004 and 2007 seasons of the Red Sox, no parades for me....]

And my boy Tim Thomas got the MVP award - see:




After the game of a lifetime, me and my friends walked to the Boston Gardens

We saw fireworks:

And walked through a sea of people in their Bruins gear....


Here's me - being SOOOOO happy to be where I was :)

I just like this picture for some reason - plus look, you can see the Garden back there in the upper left!

I like #17 - his name looks just like my name - LUCIA = LUCIC - hellllo!!!!!

And here's some RIOT SHOTS!!!!

Those guys in black down below - yeah - COPS


Just think of bent metal, police in riot gear, people yelling, some fighting, the smells of..... everything, everybody high-fiving each other, strangers hugging, people chanting

If that sounds like heaven to you - you should have been watching the Bruins game in Boston last night :) 
This guy did....

[gross alert]


My war wounds of the night: Almost lost a toenail [see above] and have a swollen hip which will hopefully turn into a gnarly bruise :P - I'm thinking that happened during the celebration in the pub, it got pretty rowdy

Lets end on that lovely note shall we?
Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment