Sunday, May 13, 2012

For My Mum :)


The past two weeks I can't stop thinking about Mum. All that she does, all that she gives, all that she taught me, and all that she expresses left a permanent and perfect example of a wonderful mother in my mind.
I'm constantly trying to emulate her as best I can because she has so much grace, selflessness, intelligence, humility, the perfect amount of sternness, limitless joy, and humor.

~ I love my Mum ~
[look at that little buggar]

I love that after 23 years of knowing her she still surprises me with a new piece of her luminescent personality

  • I love how honest she has been with me all my life
  • I love how much freedom she gave me growing up - as if she knew that God was my nanny, rather than appointing someone to watch me at all times [would have made playing deep in the woods, falling into rivers, and exploring a lot harder to accomplish :) ]
  • I love that she gave me three of the best sisters a girl could ask for!
  • I love that I still get to talk to her and write her whenever I need it even though she's all the way in Australia... or as Doug and I like to call it: the Future [14 hours ahead, it's crazy]
  • I love that a few parents that I nanny for tell me that I have an accent when I talk to their kids and say things like "mummy" or "it's ok" [typical Mum phrases, I can't believe I picked up an accent without spending more than one year in Aus.]
  • I love that in spite of all the wonderful things she does - she takes no credit for it - she gives all credit to God

To sum it up so that this post isn't 50 pages long

I LOVE everything about my Mum

I hope she had an amazing Mother's Day weekend, I told her Caitlin would have to represent us yankee sisters - I'm sure she did a good job :)


Here's a song I dedicate to Mum:

Mama by Spice Girls on Grooveshark
[Spice Girls will never get old to me - poor Doug whenever we go on a road trip...]

Here's one last cute picture of me Mum, just imagine little Lucia saying "I love you Mum," 
looking like this, right before a Big Rooker Hug:


* Happy Mother's Day *

PS: It is also someone else's special day today in Australia - Adrian [Mum's Hubby] 
Happy Birthday Adrian
You have no idea how much love we have for you over here in the States :) Thanks for keeping my Mum smiling, laughing and loving - it only makes sense to me that such a sensational woman found an equally incredible man to spend the rest of her life with. 

Lots of Love Adi!!!
[last one, sorry - got a little scanner happy :P]

No comments:

Post a Comment